Best razors for sensitive skin and tips to prevent irritation
A lot of people have sensitive skin and hence it is difficult for such people to use razors and shave their facial hair as their skin is prone to cuts and irritation.However, just because you have sensitive skin, doesn’t mean you should grow your beard and not shave or trim it at all. In this article we are going to help you with information on how to cope with sensitive skin and still be able to use razors effectively.
How to find out if you have sensitive skin?
- If you have extremely dry skin, skin reactions, and frequent skin flushing then you probably have sensitive skin.
- You should get your skin checked by a dermatologist to ensure that you have sensitive skin.
Which are the best razors for sensitive skin?
The following is a list of top safety razors. These are considered the best razors for sensitive skin, and both are made by a brand called Merkur. Merkur razors have the reputation of being crafted according to German standards, something that is a testament to quality and precision by itself.
- Merkur 34C HD has only one blade which is less likely to cause any form of irritation to your skin. It is easy to clean and maintain. The consistency of the blade alignment makes it great for beginners as well as people who have sensitive skin. You can use it regardless of your beard hair thickness.
- Merkur Progress is an adjustable razor which makes it one of the best razors for sensitive skin. Men with any type of beard hair can use this razor which makes it a versatile option. It provides a fantastic shave as you can set it according to how sensitive your skin is.
Should you consider cartridge razors if you have sensitive skin?
- You can use a cartridge razor if you have sensitive skin as long as you are able to clean the blade and the blades are far apart.
- Gillette Mach3 Turbo is one of the best cartridge razors for sensitive skin. You can clean it easily as you will find space between each blade.
- The razor comes with two lubricating strips which helps with proper shaving without hurting your skin at any time.
- You may use shaving cream in order to smoothen the shaving experience. It is advisable if you have extremely sensitive skin.
- You can use Gillette Mach3 Sensitive which is another razor great for men with sensitive skin. It has more lubrication.
Are electric razors recommended for sensitive skin?
- An electric razor can be used by men with sensitive skin. However, you must take your time before you decide on the electric razor.
- Braun Series 7 has one of the best razors for sensitive skin; 7865cc variant. There is a shaving mode that is specifically present for men with sensitive skin.
- There is an additional choice for wet shaving that you can choose. The product is waterproof. It provides amazing protection from skin irritation.
- If you have sensitive skin and want a razor that gives you a close shave, this is the best option you can choose from. It is expensive when compared to other razors.
Can you use disposable razors for sensitive skin?
- A disposable razor is often misjudged by men just because it is disposable. But a razor like Bic Twin Select Sensitive Skin razor is one of the best razors.
- If you are unwilling to spend a lot of money on a razor then a disposable razor is the right choice to make.
- The Bic Twin Select razor does not have a lubricating strip but it ensures that it does not cause any damage to sensitive skin.
- The razor is made such that the chances of cuts are reduced. It is a razor that can be used by beginners with sensitive skin. The razor is easy to grip and control.
What are some tips for shaving if your skin is sensitive?
While choosing the best razor for sensitive skin is the first step to getting a great shave, you can use the following tips to ensure your sensitive skin is always protected.
- You should follow the way your hair grows. You should resist shaving against the grain.
- You can soften the hair before you shave by using a face wash before shaving.
- You must clean the razor blades after three shaves to avoid redness.
- You must use cool water to wash after you shave. Don’t forget to pat dry once you are done.
- If possible, avoid shaving daily as it might not be suitable for your sensitive skin.
- You can use an aftershave lotion or moisturizer to keep your sensitive skin safe.