4 queries to find useful Android cell phone reviews
With the smartphone market inundated with new Android phones every year, it can be quite confusing to pick a phone that fits a customer’s budget and other requirements. Every brand offers a wide range of phones that differ according to their screen sizes, design, software and hardware features, and processing power. Android cell phone reviews can be helpful in finding the right phone for you. A lot of these reviews are posted after extensively testing each of the phones. The reviews rate the phone across various parameters with some reviews listing the pros and cons of the phones as well. Read on to know more about the parameters used in Android cell phones reviews, some of the popular Android cell phone review websites, how to know whether a review is reliable, and some of the popular Android phones recommended by reviews across different categories.
What are the common parameters used in most Android cell phone reviews?
- Price– The price factor is one of the mandatory parameters used in all Android cell phone reviews. Many reviews mention the listed price of the phone along with the prices offered by various online retailers.
- Design– The design parameter includes the look of the body, size, material used, dimensions, weight of the phone, and the screen size. The design will indicate the durability of the phone and whether the user will be comfortable holding it in their hands.
- Features– This includes hardware and software features. Some reviews also include missing features in order to compare phones in the same price range.
- Camera– These days, no review is complete without stating the camera specifications. The reviews will state the image quality of the photos taken in various modes, the camera resolution, and the number of cameras in the front as well as the rear.
Where can you find the most followed Android cell phone reviews?
- CNET– This website gives some of the most detailed reviews after what they claim to be extensive tests. Users can sort through phones based on pricing, service providers, manufacturers, technologies, and operating systems.
- Tom’s Guide– This website incorporates user reviews in its cell phone reviews to let users make an informed decision about the phone they want to buy. The reviews are categorized according to best value phones, best camera phones, best big-screen phones, best phones under $250, and other such parameters.
- Wired– With a description of pros and cons of a phone, this website is known to provide short and detailed cell phone reviews across various categories such as the best overall phones, the best premium phones, the best affordable phones, and so on.
How do I know which Android cell phone reviews are credible?
- You will find cell phone reviews written by tech bloggers, tech magazines, and tech websites such as CNET, Tom’s Guide, Wired, and so on.
- Most of the tech websites and magazines have a dedicated team who do exhaustive user testing on every new cell phone that enters the market. These teams extensively and meticulously test every phone’s hardware and software features. The cell phone reviews posted by these reviewers can be trusted, as the websites and magazines do not receive any incentives from the cell phone manufacturers, and the reviews are unbiased unless they claim otherwise.
- Bloggers, Instagrammers, and YouTubers who review gadgets often receive the cell phones to be reviewed directly by the manufacturers. These reviewers are often given various perks by the manufacturers such as free accessories or a free cell phone. In exchange, the reviewer has to give a positive review of the latest model of the cell phone made by that particular manufacturer. These reviews are like endorsements. Such reviews are not always credible as they can be biased.
Which are some of the best Android phones this year according to the reviews?
- Phone with the best camera- Google Pixel 2 XL is known to take some of the highest quality photos despite not having the best camera hardware. This is due to the HDR+ processing technology used by the phone. This is one of the best phones for those looking for a cell phone with excellent point-and-shoot capability. The rear camera is of 12MP.
- Phone for gamers- Made by one of the leading manufacturers of gaming devices and accessories, the Razer Phone has got some of the highest ratings by many reviewers. It has a high-resolution 5.7-inch screen to give an excellent gaming experience. Powered by a high-speed processor, this phone has an 8GB RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
- Phone with the longest battery life– Huawei P20 Pro has a 4000mAh battery that can last for about 15 hours on a single charge. Even with regular use involving multitasking between apps, streaming videos and audios, and browsing the Internet, this cell phone’s battery lasts longer than most Android phone batteries.
Tags: android cell phone reviews